Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Pharmacy Scholarship Scheme
In order for the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to be adequately met by pharmacists, there is a need for more Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander pharmacists to work in the industry. The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Pharmacy Scholarship Scheme aims to encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to undertake undergraduate or graduate studies in pharmacy at university.
In order to be eligible for this Scheme applicants must be:
- an Australian citizens or permanent resident;
- of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- enrolled, or about to be enrolled, as a full-time student in a pharmacy undergraduate or graduate degree at an Australian university that leads to a registerable qualification as a pharmacist;
- a member of the student Rural Health Club or a member of the University’s affiliate Rural Health Club; and
- preferably from a rural or remote location (not mandatory)
Scholarships are available to students in any year of their undergraduate or graduate degree.
Note: Study at an honors level beyond the length of an undergraduate course is not covered by this Scholarship Scheme.
Reporting and Payments
A total of 3 scholarships valued at $15,000 per annum for a maximum of four years are offered annually.
Funds are paid by the Guild in monthly instalments via direct Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
- 1st Payment – February or on receipt of approved uploaded Beginning of Year Deliverables
- 2nd – 9th Payment – Monthly from March to October
- 10th Final Payment – November or on receipt of approved uploaded End of Year Deliverables