The role of pharmacy in immunisation
|Institution:||Aoris Nova Pty Ltd|
|Chief Investigator:||Professor Joan Dawes|
This project aimed to identify areas of improvement within the current immunisation system and the potential role community pharmacy may play.
A range of issues were outlined:
- A review of community immunisation programs, including an update on the 1998 report on immunisation in community pharmacy
- A review of the advantages and disadvantages of pharmacies enhancing immunisation in Australia and an investigation of pharmacist attitudes towards this healthcare provision
- Organisational and structural considerations impacting on the possible provision of vaccinations by community pharmacists including:
- Government considerations
- Considerations of pharmacists
- The consideration of other key groups including general practitioners, other healthcare professionals and the community end-users.
- Other issues including the economic and social impacts of such a role in Australia.