Rural Intern Training Allowance
The Rural Intern Training Allowance (RITA) was established under the 5CPA and complements the existing CPE Allowance. It provides financial support to assist intern pharmacists from rural and remote areas to access compulsory intern training program activities. The Allowance is awarded to intern pharmacists only.
Applicants for RITA must:
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents;
- be intern pharmacist who have completed a pharmacy course approved by the Pharmacy Board of Australia and be eligible to undertake intern training requirements; and
- reside and work in a PhARIA 2 – 6, locations can be found on the PhARIA website.
Evidence must be provided to validate claims such as: proof of residency/citizenship, proof of attendance and receipts, etc.
Applications must be received by the 6CPA Support Team within 60 days of the conclusion of the Intern event. Late applications will not be accepted. A separate application must be submitted for each Intern event.
Applications for this Allowance may be made via the ‘Apply’ button above.
Acceptable authorities for certifying documents:
- Australian Chartered Accountant/Australian CPA (must include membership number)
- Australian embassy/consulate/high commission staff
- University official (must include university stamp in addition to signature)
- Notary public
- Solicitor, Legal practitioner, Magistrate
- Justice of the peace
- Commissioner for declarations
- Commissioner for affidavits
- Commissioner of oaths
- Migration agent, registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (must include registration number)
- Police officer
- Postal Manager
Funding is available for interns to claim up to $1,500 per financial year to assist with travel and accommodation costs associated with undertaking compulsory intern training workshops, training days and examinations.